Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Closer Look

 
Long time hunters may recognize the Apex sign.  It's just off of McMicken, between Race and Elm.  It made an appearance here last year.  But, after reading Tamia Stinson's feature on ghost signs in City Beat, I thought I'd take a closer look.
That's when I found this:

 
On the backside of the Volunteers of America center on McMicken. 
And take note of the Gus Holthaus "signature" on the bottom of the Apex.
 
 
And take note of the Colway's Furniture under, and beneath the Apex.

 
A running theme here is "noticing the bloody obvious", something obviously difficult for me. 
 
 
 
Because not only did I miss all these details before, but I also missed a second mention in City Beat.  And, so when Visualingual mentioned our blogs getting press two weeks in a row, I had no idea what she was talking about.

I'm an idiot.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha! Now that we finally understand each other, let me congratulate you again on the press!

    ReplyDelete